Skip to main content

Breast Milk In The Eye!

This awesome image is taken from this article about QMilk.

So since the baby has been about 2 weeks old, I've had this gross rashy thing around my left eye.  I thought it was due to the rush of hormones still coursing through my body at the time. But it just never really went away. She's 4 months old today, and I now have this gross rashy thing around both eyes.

I have a mild infection on the underside of the eyelid of each eye, and it's worse on the left side. It's from wearing contacts too long, sleeping in them, not sleeping enough, smoking too much, etc. and not taking care of the problem sooner... and completely ignoring the problem while pregnant, because I just thought pregnancy had made my eyes a lot drier and itchier. Blame the pregnancy, that's what I always say.

I'm slowly but surely making strides to better care for numero uno, and have at least been in regular talks with the Optometrist about my suffering eyes at this point. But according to her, this inner eye thing shouldn't be connected to the ugly thing on the outer eye. And that's really what I want to talk about today.

I've been concerned but also surprisingly laissez faire about the treatment of this sad skin condition. As I said before, it's now around both eyes. So I've not only failed to treat the problem, I've allowed it to grow. I hate the way it looks and I'm not convinced anything will ever really fix it. I just know I'm doomed to have this gross rashy thing around my eyes forever.

My dad uses this prescription cream on an infection on his elbow. He gave me the cream when I took baby girl out to visit them when she was about 10 weeks. Without a further thought, I slathered this stuff over my left eye right away. I did the same thing again religiously for a few days after we returned home. Then sporadically, then occasionally, and now I don't remember the last time I used the stuff.

And I am again surprised at myself, because I didn't even Google the stuff until this very moment!

Thanks to today's Google search I now know that Clobetasol Propionate Cream, USP, 0.05% is not safe to put on your face and has not been tested for use during breastfeeding. Great.

Well, thankfully, I've been too lazy to apply the stuff regularly as evidenced by the worsening problem. In fact, last night after examining the skin around my eyes for a long time, I decided to try something I should have tried first! A little breast milk. I am actually shocked this hadn't occurred to me before. When my daughter had some irritation around her mouth, the pediatrician actually suggested little breast milk on her skin. It cleared it right up.

So far, I can't see a huge difference around my eyes. But it's only been one application. I'm going to put some more fresh breast milk on my eyes tonight, and probably tomorrow night. I hope that this will be the silver bullet and I don't have to think too much about the growing ickiness on my face anymore.

Oh breast milk, save me! Save my eyes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Participation Trophy Woes

The image is taken from this article .  I'm a millennial, but an older one. I was born in 1984 which I believe is the beginning point of the millennial generation. I want to talk about a specific aspect of growing up millennial: participation trophies. These were somewhat regular in my childhood. Although they were not always guaranteed, they were around enough to matter in critical times during my development. I had some participation trophies, while I also had some other earned trophies. However, those participation trophies had an impact on the "earned" trophies. For me getting participation trophies taught me to devalue all trophies. When I was a junior or senior in high school, my mom found several awards I'd won shoved in a drawer in my bedroom. One such trophy was a writing award, another was my "Rookie of the Year" plaque I'd earned for diving into the Youth & Government program gung-ho even though it was my first year. I'd just jo

Deplin

Some may be surprised that I decided to write about this. It's personal stuff. But after a lot of thought, I decided to share anyway because I found something really beneficial to my health. Anyone who knows me really well knows that I have struggled with anxiety and depression at different times throughout my life. Anyone who sort of knows me has probably heard me talk about this and been surprised. You may fall into that second category now. I'm naturally a fairly nervous person. What may seem very small and insignificant things to some can send me into a tailspin. I may worry over a mistake on a work project or something stupid I said at a party for weeks after the incident. I get stomach aches when this happens. I give just as much attention to worrying about the future as I do the past, and it results in even more stomach aches. In my late twenties, I was pretty sick of feeling sick to my stomach from all this worrying all the time. So I started seeing a therapis

Grammar Nerd and Proud!

I love this explanation of superlatives and whether they require a preceding article... Read Melissa Morato 's answer to Is it grammatically correct to say "Sweetest" as superlative form or it must be always "The sweetest"? on Quora